- Change/capture peoples perceptions of ballet (body types, ownership and censorship)
- To start a social experiment in order to see peoples views on ballet and how the media has affected their views.
- Want to come to terms with lasting effects on body image, censorship and ownership from key professionals within the ballet world?
Screening of work:
“What if you presented all as mini-workshops in local communities, Denise’s classes etc.?”
Fargo Village (the box)
Projections (using Klynt): The Glass Box (enquire with dates)
We further hope to possibly showcase our work in local schools. Further bringing ballet and the accessibility of it directly to a classroom setting. A private screening may also be on the cards, gaining valuable insight(s) and reviews from direct professionals. For example Sarah Whatley, rest of Ceda board, Denise’s colleagues etc. Due to the nature of our final artefact being an interactive website (tbc). We will use Klynt to add to interactivity and prolong viewing and boost website traffic to our site. This will also benefit our overall project, as we’d incorporate Klynt as a final element. Giving our audience the change to engage with all in any order they choose.
(*end paragraph of ‘meeting 6’ notes ‘PROJECTIONS’)
The elements include (but are not limited too):
1. Podcast Session (audio tutorials of Ballet-DH)- with interactive visual material/live gallery (interactive website)
2. Ballet and Me (Campaign)– to be planned out and storyboarded.
With this particular element, we hope to draw light on confidence, self-esteem, body image (the perception that we have about ourselves)…
1. To showcase movement through silhouettes. 2. To provide audiences with an interactive photo series showcasing Ballet and peoples relationship with the dance itself. 3. To identify and experiment with marketing tactics to provide and intuitive campaign to aid overall project (marketing) and nature of it etc.
Drawbacks: Limited time frame, limited resources, limited scope (relevance to project). The overall element is well laid out but if not executed well project element will have a domino effect to all the rest of the elements and bring down the main ‘research’ question of the project itself.
- Photography series
- Contact networking contact asap!
- Camera fundamentals/read over all GH5 notes and view all YT tutorials +
- Incorporating silhouettes
- Touching on body types and parts of the body that subjects may not deem good (own perception)
- Thus silhouettes will show perfection but in reality, each subject as imperfections (as everyone should to an extent) which isn’t shown in Ballet but is being touched on after through soundbites, moving text, symbolism etc.
- Photos may not feature subjects faces in them directly. Therefore focus will simply be on movement, stance, flow (for added dramatic effect).
3. Audience participation (response collection)- Social Experiment
B/W series, non-linear audio based narrative, inspired by Pina (2011 documentary-see Danai notes +). Footage will show students practising ballet and getting ready for each sequence, whilst sound will be each individuals voice coming into frame indirectly talking about their relationship with ballet, perceptions, myths and how they are/what they feel when they are at ‘one’ with the dance etc.
- Could maybe incorporate Freudian theory ‘word association’ experiment here?
- Further attracting a variety of age groups (DH’s young kids class)
- Gaining a variety of responses, analysing results and looking over all data plus reflecting on process (photo/video diary, journaling etc.)
- CONTACT PSYCHOLOGY STUDENTS
With this particular aspect, we hope to grow our own understanding of our participants/audience members. Further providing a ‘burning question’ for our participants to directly/indirectly respond too. Thus adding to engagement, participation and main source (subject) of the project at large.
Make it more tailored
What is it about their character that is affected by Ballet?
“What does Ballet mean to you” etc.
Make it personal to add to uniqueness